Our Commitment to Privacy
Metropolitan & City Police Orphans Fund is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy as a visitor to our Web site at http://www.met-cityorphans.org.uk. This Privacy Statement describes the practices and policies we have put into place to safeguard your personal and health-related personal information that may be gathered and used as you visit our Web site.
The policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically. If you have any questions about our privacy policies, we encourage you to contact us using any of the methods outlined at the end of our Privacy Statement.
Who Is Collecting the Information?
The Metropolitan & City Police Orphans Fund is collecting information on this Web site as outlined in this privacy statement.
What Information Do We Collect?
Automatic Collection of Information:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site or download information, our system will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and is used in an aggregate way to help us improve our web site and tell us the number of visitors to our site each day.
Our Web server automatically collects and records the following information:
- The visitor's domain name, but not the e-mail address
- The visitor's IP address
- Aggregate information on what pages are accessed
- The name and release number of web browser software used
- The operating system used
- Date and time you access our site
- The address of the Web site that linked to us (referrer URL)
Permission-based Collection of Information:
At different places on our site depending upon the feature you use, you may be asked to volunteer personal information such as your name, email, mailing address, and telephone number.
The following information is collected only with your permission at this Web site:
- The names and e-mail addresses of those who use a feedback form
- The e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line will only receive calls, post or e-mail from us regarding response to their information requests. The information we gather automatically and with your permission during your visit to our Web site is used in the following ways:
- Monitor, review, measure, and analyze Web site utilization
- Modify and enhance the Web site
- Improve the content and design of our Web site
- Respond to your requests
- Study general usage habits and demographic information for our own marketing research purposes
- Distribute news and other health information requested by Web visitors
With Whom Will the Information Be Shared?
We will notify you at the time of data collection or transfer if your data will be shared with a third party and you will always have the option of not permitting the transfer. If you do not wish to allow your data to be shared, you can choose not to use a particular service.
The personally identifiable information gathered during your visit to this Web site is shared as follows:
- We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so.
- We do not rent, sell, exchange or in some way provide personally identifiable information to any third-party organisation.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
Site visitors may not normally access information we have collected and maintain about them.
We do not use any cookies to store or collect information on our Web site.
Registration for Access
Visitors can use this entire Web site anonymously, without registration.
Our site does not feature information and services of interest to children 13 and under.
Security of Communications
We recognize that many people are concerned about the privacy and protection of information as it is transmitted over the Internet. You should keep in mind that the possibility exists for unauthorized individuals to intercept any email message you send over the Internet. We use the following practices on our Web site to enhance the level of security for communication and the transmission of personal information:
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
- We use e-mail forms to allow our customers to ask questions about our services and programs. These are not hosted on a secure server. The possibility exists that unauthorized individuals may intercept email messages.
- We are not responsible for the privacy of e-mail messages except those stored in our system.
- We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
E-Commerce, Online Donations, and Online Shopping
At this time, we do not process credit card payments for donations, merchandise, or services on our Web site.
Links to Other Sites
This site includes links to non-affiliated external Web sites. We have the following practices:
- We will make efforts to notify you when you are leaving our site and you may be subjected to different privacy policies than those we have established for our Web site.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we have the following practices:
- We will use for these new purposes only data collected from the time of the policy change forward.
Web Site Contact Information
Metropolitan & City Police Orphans Fund
30 Hazlewell Road,
London SW15 6LH
Telephone: 020 8788 5140
This privacy statement was last modified on 10th August 2005.